English to Tamil Meaning - 'give up'
give up - விட்டு கொடுக்க
English to English Meaning - 'give up'
- lose or lose the right to by some error, offense, or crime
- give up with the intent of never claiming again; "Abandon your life to God"; "She gave up her children to her ex-husband when she moved to Tahiti"; "We gave the drowning victim up for dead"
- give up in the face of defeat of lacking hope; admit defeat; "In the second round, the challenger gave up"
- put an end to a state or an activity; "Quit teasing your little brother"
- give up what is not strictly needed; "he asked if they could spare one of their horses to speed his journey"
- part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
- leave (a job, post, post, or position) voluntarily; "She vacated the position when she got pregnant"; "The chairman resigned when he was found to have misappropriated funds"
- relinquish possession or control over; "The squatters had to surrender the building after the police moved in"
- give up or agree to forego to the power or possession of another; "The last Taleban fighters finally surrendered"
- stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas, claims, etc.; "He abandoned the thought of asking for her hand in marriage"; "Both sides have to give up some calims in these negociations"
- allow the other (baseball) team to score; "give up a run"
- refrain from consuming; "You will have to forgo alcohol"